This past March, Daniel Ireland, Discover Senior Manager, Automation & Business Strategy and Matthew Radaci, Discover Principal Application Engineer attended the Bank Automation Summit in Charlotte, NC. During this summit, the team met with and learned from automation leaders from companies such as FICO, PayPal, Citibank, Wells Fargo, and Fifth Third Bank.
During Dan's session, he presented alongside senior leaders from PNC, Appian, Smart Communications, and Archway software on the topic of Automation Operations: Use Cases for Transformation.
During this session, the panelists shared their perspectives on topics including:
- Automating for business value
- How to pitch senior management on transformation initiatives
- Technical imperatives – before an automation project’s start
When asked what advice he would give to a company looking to invest in automation, Dan replied:
"A focus on having an intentional communications strategy across many channels, sharing automation wins and capabilities is critical in supporting the long-term success of the program."
Matt Radaci also participated in a panel on the topic of New approaches and techniques in RPA. Matt was joined by senior leaders from PNC, and Galileo Financial Technologies. Topics included:
- Using process mining and process discovery to design automation
- Building better RPA bots to automate particular verticals within banking
- AI technologies for smarter and safer bots
This is just one of the many examples of how Discover is getting involved and making waves in the automation community. Check out the full video of Dan’s panel from the summit to learn more.